Unanswered: User authentication error

Hello,

I am working on the test environment for my Forms/Reports 9i application working under Windows XP Pro and the Oracle iDS.

When I run my WebForms/WebReports application from Internet Explorer browser and try to lauch/invoke a Report from a Form using run_report_object/Web.show_document, I get the following error:

User authentication error

REP-51018: User authentication required.

Basically, I get an Oracle Reports screen Pop-Up that askes me for the username/password/database.

1) I have tried different approaches to resolve this issue but I am stuck by this problem. Any suggestions ?

PT

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    9ias R2 is somewhat brain dead directly from the default installation.
    Reports is installed assuming the SSO will be used.
    Forms is installed without SSO enabled.
    Therefore without some modification, Forms can not successfully invoke Reports
    So the solution is to either enable SSO for Forms or disable SSO for Reports.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Unhappy Calling WebReports from WebForms

Hello,

I have read my articles on the Web and on Metalink about these errors.
    Most suggest to add the SYNCHRONIZE keywork before the Web.Show_Document built-in to invoke WebReports.

They also suggest rwservlet.properties file should uncomment the SINGLE SIGN ON = NO + specify the SERVERNAME. It is also suggested to comment out the <security> and <destination> tags in the (report server).conf file.

All these things I have done and I still get the REP-51018 error followed by REP-50004. I get this sequence errors only the first time that I have invoke a WebReport.

1) Any Suggestions to resolve this issue ?
    2) Could you be more specific as to how to enable SSO for Reports and/or disablink SSO for Forms ?

PT

>They also suggest rwservlet.properties file should uncomment the SINGLE SIGN ON = NO + specify the SERVERNAME.
    >It is also suggested to comment out the <security> and <destination> tags in the (report server).conf file.

BOTH of these are GOOD THINGS (TM) to do, but the Reports Server process needs to be stopped & restarted after making these changes.

Avoid SSO like the plague, if at all possible.

AFAIK, all interaction with the Reports Server is done using HTTP via the rwservlet
    http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...cla.htm#652050

I suggest you first make it work & then make it fancy.
    1) Create a simple, simple, simple report which ONLY displays SYSDATE.
    This report can then be run by any user against any Oracle database & work.
    2) Figure out how to invoke this sysdate report via the browser of your choice.
    Unless & until you can get this working , your chances of getting any report working from Forms are much reduced and approaches ZERO.
    3) After confirming that step #2 has succeeded, then try invoking the sysdate report via Forms.

Unhappy Comments

Hello,

Here is the situation:

1) On iDS
    I can invoke WebReports through WebForms using a Parameter Form. However, the first time that I do, I get a logon screen asking me for my username/password/database information with an error message:

REP-51018: Need database user authentication

I type in correct values and Press SUbmit, and get a another screen stating:

REP-50004: No report specified on the command line

I press cancel and then I am returned to the original Parameter Form Screen. If I then Press 'Reset' followed by 'Submit', I am then am able to generate the WebReport.

This error seems to be a on-shot problem.

2) iAS
    The same situation as iDS (very similar). However, my parameter form on Linux iAS, contains missing Paper Parameter Form Fields. The missing fields contain parameter fields of type Character.

Your feedback on resolving these issues is appreciated.

PT

I suggest you first make it work & then make it fancy.
    1) Create a simple, simple, simple report which ONLY displays SYSDATE.
    This report can then be run by any user against any Oracle database & work.
    2) Figure out how to invoke this sysdate report via the browser of your choice.
    Unless & until you can get this working , your chances of getting any report working from Forms are much reduced and approaches ZERO.
    3) After confirming that step #2 has succeeded, then try invoking the sysdate report via Forms.