Red face Unanswered: Access v Excel Issues

Hi all,
    I have a Staff List in an Access database that needs to have any changes submitted by users in other departments. I started the task in Excel by pulling the list into Excel and then processing the updates from the Input Forms before putting back into Access. The number of potential users has just increased and as a result i dont think Excel is the way forward. Basically i need my forms to do the following (any help or advice would be invaluable at this stage)

1.When filling in the form bring in the User ID (currently using the Excel UserID).
    2.Once the Employee has been selected from a drop down list then bring back (into certain fields in the form) all the current details held for that employee.
    3.Once changes are submitted then all information is placed in a temp table for checking.
    4.I then want to in effect replace the existing record (placing this in yet another table, to create an audit trail) with the new amended record.
    5. Oh yes and i also need autodates for the date of change to be added to both the old and the new employee record.

Can i still use my Input Forms to get the information into Access ? ? ?
    And i dont know if it will be relevent but this system will be duplicated into 4 local versions with one master version, probably linking up the relevent tables to run queries from in the master version.

I dearly hope this all makes sense and that someone out there can shed a little light on this problem. Im sure it isnt as big a job as i first thought but it was much easier in Excel.

Many thanks in advance for any time or advice/help given.

Chris Durant
    christopher.durant@churchill.com

Provided Answers: 1
    It sounds like you would be much better off running straight-forward split database.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***