Thread: db theory

Unanswered: db theory

I added the invoice in my database on October 1 and printed the invoice and sent it to the customer. Lets say the customer changes its company name in November. later, in December, I need to print out another copy of the same invoice. the problem is that the invoice will reflect the new company name but the original invoice was really under the old name. Can anyone tell me how db developers usually deal with this type of situation? Are there any ramifications to printing out the second invoice which would look different? The same could be applied to an employee changing her last name when she got married.

thanks

You must make a business rule decision which indicates when you should create a new company, or alter the characteristics of an existing company. Does a name change constitute a new company?

-cf

same company.

Wth the employee example, same employee, different last name.

If the company that you are sending the PO to has changed their name, I strongly suspect that they would be upset if the invoice came in using the old name. Just like if an employee changes their name, they will get upset if their payroll check used the old name (hard to cash).
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.