Unanswered: Text Counting Query

I am trying to build a query based on a table that has 226 fields. Each field (with the exception of the autonumber) is a question that can is answered: "Never/No", "Rarely", "Mostly", "Always/Yes" or "Not Obsv". I am trying to count the number of each answer type per question. IE question Number 1 had:
    5-Never/No
    5-Rarely
    5-Mostly
    5-Always/Yes
    5-Not Obsv
    and so on all the way to question 226.

I built my query to have two fields per quesiton. The first field is a "Group By" and the second one is a "count". However, in doing this some instances are duped even though it actually all adds up:

Question 1
    3-Never/No
    5-Rarely
    5-Mostly
    2-Never/No
    5-Always/Yes
    5-Not Obsv

There are 25 instances but "Never/No" is split for some reason.

All the answer types are text fields and were derived from a table so as to avoid spelling and/or caps issues.
    Any thoughts?

Leading or trailing spaces

Try running an update query to make sure that all values are infact the same. THere may also be some type anomoly with the data. You may want to try creating a duplicate of the table and re-running the query to see if you get the same results.

One other thing. There has to be a better way to store your data than by a 226 field table. You may want to do some reading on normalization or 3NF. This may make your gathering of information a little easier to summarize your information.

Just a thought.

MW

Thanks

Thanks MW.

I did find some trailing spaces. I corrected them and limited the field sixe to prevent the issue in the future.

Take care.

Chris