Question Unanswered: creating event for amount of time

i know i learned this in high school vb class, but i forgot now. i want to have something happen...it's complicated but to make it easy lets say... i want to change the color of a text box from black to white for 3.77 seconds, then change it back. i'm pretty sure there's a way to do this without a timer, but i forget how. help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by thirty6
    i know i learned this in high school vb class, but i forgot now. i want to have something happen...it's complicated but to make it easy lets say... i want to change the color of a text box from black to white for 3.77 seconds, then change it back. i'm pretty sure there's a way to do this without a timer, but i forget how. help would be much appreciated.
    I haven't done that is a while, and if I remember correctly the multimedia control has the internals to do critical timing operations. The timer control is far too sloppy to use, you are correct.

thanks

thanks for the reply but that didn't actually tell me anything accept that what i was saying can be done. i know i've done it before, i just don't remember how. can someone explain how.

also to verify, the amount of time is going to change basically each time i use it, it could be 1.23 seconds of it could be 9.32 i'm just making up numbers.

Then search for winmm.dll and use the calls to that dll.

Post Sample code for blinking label

let the timer.interval = 1000 in form load or in timer properties window
    then create a timer procedere

Code:
    Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
        If lblBuscando.Visible = True Then
            If lblBuscando.ForeColor = vbBlack Then
                lblBuscando.ForeColor = vbWhite
            Else
                lblBuscando.ForeColor = vbBlack
            End If
        End If