Unanswered: Formula Sorting Problem

I'm having a problem with writting a formula for a report. I'm trying to output a price report of my inventory. The data is organized with inventory item number (PART.ARTIKEL_NR) and price symbol (PPRK.PREIS_KZ). Every time a price is changed in the database a new entry is created with a new timestamp (PPRK.ANLAGEDATUM).

The formula that I'm using is as follows:

{PART.ARTIKEL_NR} startswith 'NP'
    and
    {PPRK.PREIS_KZ} = 'C'

I get out of the report more than one listing of the same inventory item (because the timestamp is different)

Here's an example of my output:

Artikel_NR Pries_KZ Anlagedatum
    NP 1 C 20040209
    NP 1 C 20040604

I'd like to get only the latest (Anlagedatum) of (Artikel_NR) with the (Pries_KZ) = 'C' But I don't know how to do it, hopfully this is a simple thing that someone can help me out with.

You could create a new formula field and set the value to be the maximum date in that field, e.g.

max(Anlagedatum)

Then in your report replace Anlagedatum with your new Formula field (in Field Explorer). You should now find that the report only returns the latest record.

Regards - Andy

note: I might have missed something out here but I'm not running CR on this pc so can't test. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll come back to you on it.

Solution

The solution that I found to solve the porblem was to create a subreport and pass the parameter into it to calcultate the maximal date. Then the subreport is inserted into the main repost and linked acourding to artikel number.

Cool. Well done to you then...!

Andy