Question Unanswered: Need Email Attachment in Rich Text Format

I am having a hard time trying to get a file to attach in MS Word format "automatically". I need for the user to select "Send Mail" and have the form already attached in .doc format. Is this even possible?

Not sure if you mean to attach a specific word doc you are in to an email as an attachment. You could add a command button to the document with the following code.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Options.SendMailAttach = True
    ActiveDocument.SendMail
    End Sub

Although this doesn't let you set the email address automatically. (if anybody knows a simple way of adding that, please let me know).

Cheers.

Thank you so much for your reply. But what I am trying to do is when I run the "email w/ attachment script", somehow in the background have the FM file convert to a doc file so the recipient without FM can open the attachment.

Have you considered a PDF instead?

This way you "print" a PDF file that can be attached. Mac OS X has this built in. On a Win machine you can add adobe acrobat or one of the cheaper or free programs for creating pdfs. A free one is CutePDF Printer.
    Last edited by budnail; 01-18-05 at 16:50. Reason: Found the name of the free PDF writer I was thinking of.