Unanswered: How to restore database from an online backup file
My DB2 is version 8.1 on Windows 2000. I have an application running on it so that I have to use online backup. However, it does not have Tivoli installed.
1. I used this command to backup database: backup database "db" user "username" password "password" online to <path>
2. I tried to restore the database: restore database "db" from "path" taken at 20041118145103
3. Finally I rollforward the database by: rollforward database "db" user "username" password "password" to end of logs and stop
Then, the following exception occurred: SQL4970N Roll-forward recovery on database "<name>" cannot reach the specified stop point (end-of-log or point-in-time) because of missing log file(s) on node(s) "<node-list>"
Do anyone can tell me what was wrong?
1. Is it possible to online backup database and then restore without Tivoli?
2. Is my backup/restore approach is wrong?
3. Any suggestion of the backup/restore methodology but online backup is required?
the approach is correct
this sequence should do
backup - restore - rollforward
the log files should be available todo the rollforward
do you use an exit routine to archive the logs ? (db2uext2)
this routine should also handle the retrieve of the archived logs ..
Will check if any known problem... because all seems ok..
Best regards, Guy Przytula
the user exit can do whatever needed (this is a c program)
the samples do :
copy file from active directory to archive directory
copy file to tape
copy file to tsm or library-tape-manager
the program should also do the reverse for parameter retrieve
by default : files are not deleted
if you do - be sure the archive is correct
Best Regards, Guy Przytula
For restoring your online database backup you may use the service of Magic Backup.It is a a service that uses our high-speed Internet connection and our Windows® PC to make backup copies of all our important files to a remote location that we provide. They install a small program on our computer that locates and makes secure copies of our pictures, movies, music, documents and other important data silently and automatically. Magic Backup keeps track of new files and changes to existing files so it always knows what needs to be backed up. It performs what they call "Automatic Continuous Backup" in the background without interfering with the normal use of our computer.Magic Backup is the only backup service which allow us to access all of our backed up files from any computer anywhere with an Internet connection and a Web browser. No need to install any software!