Cool Unanswered: loosing text while saving report as rtf

Hi there,

does someone have any idea what is causing this problem :
    When I save an Access report as a rtf-file, it sometimes happens that I loose the last word(s) of a line af text.
    In the Access report, all text is clearly visible but when I open the rtf file after saving, I seem to have lost some text. It is always at the end of a line of text, but there seem not to be any line in it. Sometimes I loose the last word, sometimes it are 3 words that disappear. It happens usually with longer texts (above 50 characters but below 200) but the length of the text is not a trigger : it are always complete words that disappear, no matter the length.

Extremely curious, isn't it?

If you have any explanation, or even better a solution, it would be a great help.

A possible solution is to use something else. I use Adobe Acrobat. If you print to the Acrobat Distiller it will recreate you report almost perfectly, including lines and rectangles (something that dumping it to an RTF won't do). I have only had a minor problem with one side of one rectangle not showing up on one report that I have to email to clients.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.
    I otherwise used the Snapshot format that worked just fine but some of the clients that must receive the reports don't have Access on their PC (imagine!) and are too lazy to install a Snapshot Viewer.
    As Acrobat is more generally known, it might be the solution.
    Appreciate the effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Herman
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.
    I otherwise used the Snapshot format that worked just fine but some of the clients that must receive the reports don't have Access on their PC (imagine!) and are too lazy to install a Snapshot Viewer.
    As Acrobat is more generally known, it might be the solution.
    Appreciate the effort!
    Hi,

Whereas they are too lazy to install the Snapshot viewer in all the 1-2 minutes it would take, won't they also have to install Acrobat Reader to read files sent in PDF format as well? Seems either way they have to install something. But then I may be wrong.

have a nice one,
    BUD

BUD,
    didn't you get it? Too lazy means "don't know how"......