Unanswered: Using CreatePopup & Window.open

I used Createpopup and Show methods to display popup menus.

I am successful in going to other pages when user clicks an item on the popup menu by using "parent.location.href", but now I need to open a document (pdf, xls, doc, etc.) and place it on the browser. I am using "window.open", and it is not opening up the document, and instead, giving me a script error message telling me, "not implemented".

What did I do wrong? Can this be done at all?

This is a JavaScript issue, not ASP... but if you post your code, we may be able to help you
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Angry

Yes, I just realized this is javascript issue, but feel closer to ASP people. =)

/
    Code:
    / this is how popup is created....
    <script Language=Javascript>
    var oPopup = window.createPopup();
    function richContext()
    {
        var lefter2 = event.offsetY+0;
        var topper2 = event.offsetX+15;
        oPopup.document.body.innerHTML = oContext2.innerHTML; 
        oPopup.show(topper2, lefter2, 210, 104, contextobox);
    }
    </script>
    HTML Code:
    // When this is clicked, menu pops up to show selections...
    <span id="contextobox" onmousedown="richContext(); return false" >Click to show popup</span>
    HTML Code:
    //This will be the content of popup menu...
    <DIV ID="oContext2" STYLE="display:none">
       <Div Onclick="window.open('http://rra.net/report.pdf','','width=950,height=600, top=10,left=10,resizable=yes,toolbar=no);return false;">Report 1</div>
    </Div>
    This code is actually from an example on MS website that talks about popup object. I simply replace the call to other web pages with an intention to open document files (pdf, spreadsheet, etc.). If I use parent.location.href, it does open the file on the same page, but I hope to use window.open to have more control of the page. And I love to find out why window.open is giving me "not implemented" message.

BTW, The <DIV onClick="window.open(...)"> acutally works separately and independently, if it is outside the popup menu structure.

I've found the solution.

Instead of using window.open, I need to use parent.window.open, since the document can not be opened within the popup menu, but the parent of the popup menu, which is the main page.

Thanks for helping.