Unanswered: Updating dropbox

Hello all,

I'm experimenting with Access to see if I'm able to automate some of my office job.

I'm trying to make a simple database to manage our internal bufferstock process.

I have created a table with all the infor about product, model, partnumber, etc.

I want to have a form where I can use dropboxes to quickly select things like product or partnumber. Most easy for me is to have these dropboxes linked so when I choose a certain product, the info in the other dropboxes is already limited to that range of products).

I have created a query where I use the "product" field of the form as criteria
    The data of this dropbox is extracted from the table itself.
    Secondly I linke the dropbox for "model" to this query (expecting the output of the query would be the listing of the dropbox).

This works.... but only once. If I change the "product" by re-selecting one in the dropbox, the dropbox for the model is not updated, unless I manually run the query again and then it works one more time and I have to run the query again, etc... Of course this is not my idea of automation

I think I need some way to have the query re-run when altrering the first dropbox (with the product list inside), but can't get this done.

Appreciate any help to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance!

Grtz Paul.

If I understand what you want correctly, you should put a code behind the two drop down menus to requery the information. Such as:

Private Sub Product_AfterUpdate()

End Sub

Private Sub Model_AfterUpdate()

End Sub

once a box is updated the second box will re run the query and alter the list