Unanswered: Report Subtotals

I have attached my database because I am not sure that I can explain my problem and hopefully seeing my data will clarify it.

I have a report that uses subtotals. The information comes from a table called MaterialListT. The Material is also assigned a category such as Material, Subcontract and Labor. My problem is that when it comes time to print a report, I need to use the total of each category in another calculation at the bottom of the report, such as: 1. (Material*Tax)+Material=TaxedMaterial, 2. (Labor*Markup)+Labor=LaborMarkup and 3. TaxedMaterial + LaborMarkup + Subcontract=GrandTotal.

The way my report is currently designed I am getting a subtotal of each category, each subtotal has the same name. Is there a way to do what I want or do I need to break the Material into three different tables? Please Help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Anne,

Will you be applying differant Tax/Markup rates? Or will they always be static?
    If you need the ability to change markup/tax rates, it looks like you will need those fields in [NewHouseSubT]

Basically, you want to do the calcs in the query. I've attached a sample. (I used 7.5% as tax and 2 as the markup.)
    Check out NewHouseRptQ and NewHouseFromQR.

TGIF,

Chris
    Last edited by cpgospi; 11-19-04 at 13:54. Reason: typo

Sorry, missed the other part of your question...With the above, I created a 'Totals' Query and inserted that as a subreport in the report footer. This sums the calculations based on CategoryID.

I didn't format or sum them for a grand total, but I think this will get you on the right track.

hth,
    Chris

Chris, Thank you! I just took a quick look and I think what you did will work. I have to run out right now and won't get a chance to really look at it until tomorrow afternoon. I thought I was going to have to rework everything I had already done. I REALLY appreciate your help.

Anne

You're very welcome. Have a nice weekend and let me know if you have questions.

Chris