Unanswered: Access "freezing"

I have an Access 2000 database application with 12 users recently converted from Access 97. The system has been split into FE/ BE with linked tables. Both reside on a NT server. About 100 times over the last 3 weeks, an instance of the FE "freezes". Not the OS, the application. A popup window with a close button stops responding. Clicking the X does nothing. Right clicking the top bar does nothing. Right clicking the taskbar instance does nothing. Trying to end the task from Alt-Ctl-Del says its not responding, but eventually can cancel it.

The Pop up window is non-modal. Any clues greatly appreciated.

Charlotte, NC
    I know this doesn't help with your problem directly, but if you have 12 users you should consider moving to an enterprise level database. Access is little more than a toy and problems often arise during upscaling.
    Make something idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot...

Just a thought:

You may have a Code problem. Open a code window and then from menu select: Debug | Compile . If there is a code error, it will indicate it during the compile process. You may need to do this on all machines that contain the FE.

While in a code window, also check References on ALL machines. Make sure none are indicated as MISSING. If so, uncheck them.

Thumbs up Check for code errors and library references.

Thanks Cyberlynx,

I'll try that.