Thread: Command Buttons

Question Unanswered: Command Buttons

Hi guys, I was wondering if some one out there would know why the Command Buttons on the same form would look different if the application is installed on a different computer. (See pics.) The only difference I can see between the two is that one has XPHome sp2 and the other has just XPHome no SP.

Any ideas.
    By the way I do have the option within Acces that would anable the use of Windows themes with forms.

Carlos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buttons_Old.JPG   Buttons_New.bmp  

Microsoft Windows permits you to change the default scheme of 3D Objects (which is what the buttons as classed under). If you are allowing MSAccess to use the MS Windows default scheme, then each user could possibly have different looking buttons. This is typical for almost ALL controls.

You will know if a default color scheme will be used in your controls, forms, etc., if a foreground or background color shown in the properties window is preceded by the minus sign ( - ) or indicates as negative. Insert your own color, even though it looks the same, MS Windows schemes can not over-rule them on other computers.

Almost all computers now contain the graphics capabilities to view more than 256 colors, so, you can get pretty elaborate with your colors, but, do keep in mind that there may be some computers out there that will indeed only support the lower graphics capabilities of 256 colors.

Thank for the info Cyber

Carlos