Unanswered: SQL Server. Error while restoring Database

I m a student and i m doing a project on Datamining. I have to mine data of a company. the issue is that the company uses Microsoft SQL server as there DBMS. they backed up there data and gave it to me with schema (schema is separate and data backup is a backup generated through the backup option in SQL server Enterprise Manager). Now i created tables through query analyzer (i think) and then through enterprise manager i tried to restore that backup on my personal pc and i get an error .
    the image is attached
    see the image for the error
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...agic/error.jpg

Thumbs up

Did you change the name of the data and log files after they were backuped...?
    Sudar

--
    My Blog

no actually the database backup was made from the company's database and i m trying to restore this on my personal computer. and i didn't change the name of the backup file ..
    just created a new database through enterprise manager and ran the script to create table and trying to restore it.

Edit : i m trying to restore the database using the restore from device option. and there i get to options from device and from file andobviously i choose file
    Last edited by yaserawan; 11-20-04 at 07:54.

help someone.....pleaseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...... hellppppppp this is very urgent....
    kindly forgive me for this post ... but please if someone can ...then help me .. or suggest me some forum member who is a sqlserver guru!(expert)

Check path source and destination.

You must use the new path, by default SQL Server use the source.

By.

hi, have you solved your problem? You need to examine what were the original physical locations of db files and logical names of them(run restore filelistonly from 'backup_device_or_path_to_your_backup') and then either create the same disk-folder structure to accommodate the files or use restore database command with move clause ('logical_file_name' to 'new_physical_file_name) - check the exact syntax in Books Online. mojza

hmmmm would u guyz please specify in steps what i should do ... from enterprize manager....
    i mean list down the steps i should perform.
    as far as i have understood one issue could be that the data file and the log file name of the db i created was minex_Data and minex_Log and the back tell me (from the view info option ) is thatthe name of the file is coporate_Data..... should i create the db with the same name

thank u guyz ... for all the help..... i just tried that out and the error (well quite a stupid one) was that i named the new db minex and the error was due to database flat file name ... which was supposed to be corporate as the original db name was corporate. i made a db with that name and then tried restoring the backup and voila ... it was done...
    once again thank u guyz for the help