Unanswered: MsAccess & POS Ticket Printer

Greetings to all.
    Here goes the problem.
    I made a little application with MsAccess.I got a SERIAL (com) POS receipt ticket printer (Samsung SPR-100A)
    wich it need to configured trhu a piece of code in VB to be printing correctly and also to do some kind
    of formfeed.
    I spoke with a guy wich is a professional Delphi programmer and it happens to be the very same guy who sold me my POS printer a few years ago,and he told me that my printer is not graphical but it only use text.

He also told me that Windows does not recognize the printer also because there are no drivers for my printer,so he told me that when i tell MsAccess to print a report,i need to have some kind of "self-made" piece of VB code,as i told you before,to tell what is the report to print,what to print,where and how.
    Sounds very difficult to me all that.

I ask for a little help here ,iīm stucked in this problem.

Thanks again to all.

Best regards to all.

Claudio

Claudio,

There are ways to communicate with your Serial printer but is a the very least quite complex, especially to explain within this forum. Unless the printer you current have is an absolute must have, you would be far better off to purchase a printer that is Windows friendly.

If you really want to get into the serial communications end of things with this printer then I will be more than happy to assist but be aware...it could take some time. You will also need to have the manual for this printer otherwise you will only be able to perform basic standard functions with this printer. The more complex functions (which consist of what are called Escape Codes) will require info from the rear of the manual.

It will be a good ride...but nothing is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberLynx
    Claudio,

There are ways to communicate with your Serial printer but is a the very least quite complex, especially to explain within this forum. Unless the printer you current have is an absolute must have, you would be far better off to purchase a printer that is Windows friendly.

If you really want to get into the serial communications end of things with this printer then I will be more than happy to assist but be aware...it could take some time. You will also need to have the manual for this printer otherwise you will only be able to perform basic standard functions with this printer. The more complex functions (which consist of what are called Escape Codes) will require info from the rear of the manual.

It will be a good ride...but nothing is impossible.

First off all i must to thank you for your concerne and for your answer.
    I suspected that my problem it was a little complicated one....
    I spoke with some people that told me directly to buy a new printer
    If the resolution of this problem takes a lot of your time,honestly,i dont feel confortable to take your time and efforts.
    I want to thank you anyway.
    Regards.
    Claudio