Unanswered: Junction Table problems?

Hi, I have the following structure:

Products 1-M ORDER DETAILS M-1 ORDERS M-1 CUSTOMERS

I have ORDER DETAILS set as a junction table so that many products can be recorded within one order. All is good apart from when i go into ORDERS and create a new order. I click the subform which links to the ORDERDETAILS. I then pick a product number(look up from products table). The problem is this: In the ORDER DETAILS I want to display the unit price of this product simply by picking the product id.

Eventually this would form the basis of an order form where I can pick Product Id and have it display unit price.

Any ideas on this one, I'm sure its quite simple!!

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Miller84
    Hi, I have the following structure:

Products 1-M ORDER DETAILS M-1 ORDERS M-1 CUSTOMERS

I have ORDER DETAILS set as a junction table so that many products can be recorded within one order. All is good apart from when i go into ORDERS and create a new order. I click the subform which links to the ORDERDETAILS. I then pick a product number(look up from products table). The problem is this: In the ORDER DETAILS I want to display the unit price of this product simply by picking the product id.

Eventually this would form the basis of an order form where I can pick Product Id and have it display unit price.

Any ideas on this one, I'm sure its quite simple!!

Thanks in advance
    Hi Miller and "Welcome to the Forum"
    In your Products Table, do you have a field that holds the product prices? If so, include that in your Query and subsequently pull that into your form. That way when you select your Product, the Price comes with it automatically. Give that a try as that's how I have it in my Inventory Database.

have a nice one and enjoy the Forum,
    BUD

Hi Bud!

Thanks for your reply. That worked great! I can now see my orders in the subform with prices etc. However, I want to be able to create a new order from this form. This would involve picking a product id in the subform. however when i try to click it i dont get a drop down box, it appears to be locked so i cant change it. Is there a way to edit order details in that subform?

Thanks

Miller

Hi again, I still can't figure out how to add new products to an order from the Order Form. I tried changing some Navigation/Editing mode to see if that would let me but I still can't add new products in my submform.

Does anyone have any idea how to set this up?

Thanks in advance