Unanswered: can't get isqlplus page

Hello every one,
    I recentlly installed Oracle 9i on win 2003 (installed on a standlone computer).
    I'm not able to get the isqlplus with my browser (IE)
    I'm able to start the http server (apache)
    I also can't get the loop back adress (127.0.0.1) with the browser.
    tried localhost:7777, didn't work
    tried IP adress assigned by the modem firmware to my computer (192.168.x.x), din't work.
    I'm able to ping theses adresses : 127.0.0.1, 192.168.x.x (assigned by DHCP)
    Any clue ???
    your help will be appreciated.

Achraf

It's standalone and you have a router assigning IP addresses using DHCP? Those don't go together at all. If it was standalone, you would not be connected to any devices on the network. I suspect you mean your personal network has one computer, and it's connected to the Internet through a router and/or cable modem.

One solution is to disable your firewall software - the firewall software on the computer, not the stuff built into your router. Alternatively, configure it to have exceptions that cover the computer, process names, and port numbers you are using. This is a common issue with ZoneAlarm and other firewall products.

U're right I have a one computer network.
    I don't have any firewall installed and win 2003 Internet Connection Firewall is disabled.

First, look at the Windows service Oracle<orahomename>iSQLPlus. Is it started?

Second, after you are sure it has been started, look at the log file in %ORACLE_HOME%\sqlplus\log\isqlplus\...
    Are there any specific errors in the log file?

The way iSQL*Plus works is it passes the commands through the OC4J module of the OAS to the server's SQLPlus.exe in silent mode. The returning data is formatted by the server's sqlplus.exe using SET MARKUP HTML ... It's neet, but obviously there are many components where the problem could be.

-Mark
    9i OCP

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    AFAIK, iSQLPLUS requires a functioning webserver (a.k.a. Apache).
    It it installed and running?
    Have you bothered to even try to RTFM for installing iSQLPLUS?
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Anacedent is correct, it requires a web server. In fact, the only supported web server for iSql*Plus is Oracle HTTP Server Powered by Apache, which is another way of saying Apache mod-plsql. When you installed iSQL*Plus, it should have installed the Apache web server. In my case, I already had a limited-use version of 10gAS and OHS (Apache) running on this computer because I am testing Oracle HTML DB (and it is very cool) so I can't give you more specifics on installing it
    -Mark