Lightbulb Unanswered: problem with onbar

i am using IDS9.4 on linux, when i run onbar with specified log file number logfile status flag is not changing to B from U.
    even there is no error message after onbar

how to configure ISM, wat r environment variables must be set for ISM.

when i run ISM_STARTUP giving error message bootstrap informaion failed

is it posible to backup to local disk where IDS run. if so how to specify path in ISM

i would be greateful if any one resolves my prob

You've posted several threads with about the same questions, you should keep following them instead of creating new ones, now to answer your questions:

- If you havent configured any storage manager then onbar will not do anything.
    - If you dont have a default printer configured then ism_startup will warn you that the bootstrap could not be printed, its just a warning, not an error.
    - You configure ISM by adding devices (ism_add -device ....), labeling the device (ism_op -label <device> ......) and finally mounting the device (ism_op -mount <device>......)
    - The devices can point to tape, files, etc. so it is possible to backup your database to the local disk providing you have enough space.

To get a better understanding of how ism works you can refer to the informix manuals.

Luis Torres