Unanswered: EXP error with tables having partitions and subpartitions

Hi,

We use oracle 9.2.0.4 on Windows xp professional for oracle server and same for oracle client.

I have some tables which uses partitions and sub partitions,I am able to use exp utility to export the data from the database which has this schema along with the tables.

But when I try to import using imp utility from the same .dmp file created earlier,I get this error for only those tables which have partitions and subpartitions.

ORA-14020: this physical attribute may not be specified for a table partition

It shows some CREATE TABLE statment with al the columns.We cannot check whch attribut is wrong in the create table statment since this create table statment was written by exp utility when exp dump was taken.

So how do we solve this problem.Is there some bug in exp utlity ,some patch need to be applied or some parameters need to be chnaged while using exp or imp utility.

Pl. respond as this is urgent.
    Sachi

Question

Try executing the CREATE statement directly in SQL*Plus, if it works, import with ignore=Y option.
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

no

the create statment is generated by the exp utility which cannot be directly executed in SQL Plus because it has many other things.

We noticed that the problem occurs only if the table has subpartition,it is able to import partitions but not subpartitions.
    Sachi

> the create statment is generated by the exp utility which cannot be directly executed in SQL Plus because it has many other things.

It would still be worth extracting the offending CREATE statement from the dumpfile and seeing exactly what it is trying to do, if only to narrow down the problem.

run this:
    imp user/password file=mydump.dmp indexfile=my_script.sql full=y

then open "my_script.sql" and search for that exact create table statement.
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

Or from the Windows command line you may be able to use findstr to extract the line from the dumpfile (in Unix you could use grep). SQL is saved in plain text even though the data part of the file is binary.