i need help with this to design ERD (i need ideas anything will help)

design and implement a MS Access database to support data about participants of the annual conference (some persons participate in the conference regularly). The database will contain tables, forms for data entry and review, reports, and queries to enhance forms and reports.

For each participant the database has to contain first and last names, address (street, city, state, and zip), and phone number.

During the conference, participants live in rooms of a hotel. Rooms have different capacity: from one to five persons. Participants pay the conference fee; if they want to stay after the conference, we have to keep in the database only the number of extra days of stay.

Participants register for the conference, reserve a room of definite capacity and if the room is for more than one person, they may name one or more participants with whom they want to share the room (this is only a recommendation and not necessarily all suggestions would be considered). During the reservation, a participant has to pay a deposit (amount of the deposit, as well as the fee may be different from year to year). If a participant does not pay in full during the registration, then he or she will have to pay in several installments. Usually, there are not more than three payments, but you may reserve one more in case of exceptional situations.

If a participant registers before a particular date (different for each year), then he or she gets 3% discount of the regular fee. There are some additional discounts possible. In the database you have to keep dates of reservations, regular fee, and separately show whether a participant has 3% discount or any other discounts.

Participants must specify the preferred type of dinner: either poultry, or fish, or vegetarian.

In addition, participants may sign for a tour. In this case they have to pay for the tour in full (prices of tours for different years can be different).

Some of the participants make donations for scholarships, which are recorded in the database. Additionally, you have to record the recipients (who are participants of the conference) and the amount each of them receives.

when is your assignment due? how much have you done on your own?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

This project is due first week of december

i have the ERD but its not good enough i need more help

which part do you need help with?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

i have done somre of the erd

i did a something but dont want to proceed cause im not sure if its correct i have attached a file
    Attached Files Attached Files

that's a good start

fee (may be different from year to year), discount information, preferred type of dinner, tour, donations, scholarships -- these are all missing

rooms don't have a SS#
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Here is what i have

i attached what i have i dont know if i need anything else

rooms don't have names

as for the other stuff, i did not look at it in detail, i assume you did
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

erd

dont i need an attribute that will that will link everything. example, i put name attribute in rooms so you can see who is in rooms i did that for most of them tell me if i am right

the entity room has no person name

the entity person has no room

the relationship person-room is what you want
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

take a look at this

this is what i have

it's looking quite complex, now, isn't it

well, you seem to have picked up the idea of data modelling

now comes the real test -- create the tables and populate them with data
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

what do i do for these situations? how do i take care of these situations?

During the reservation, a participant has to pay a deposit (amount of the deposit, as well as the fee may be different from year to year). If a participant does not pay in full during the registration, then he or she will have to pay in several installments
    If a participant registers before a particular date (different for each year), then he or she gets 3% discount of the regular fee. There are some additional discounts possible. In the database you have to keep dates of reservations, regular fee, and separately show whether a participant has 3% discount or any other discounts.

database help

can some one look at this and tell me how to apply codes like the three pct. etc