Unhappy Unanswered: Problems starting MySQL windows service

You've probably heard this one a lot, but I've been looking into it and nothing specific has came up on google.

Heres the problem:

Before today, MySQL server would start fine, and the MySQL service would start automatically - except today.

When I try to start it, I get the following error:

# Could not start the MySQL service on Local Computer.
    # Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly

I've gone into the data folder of the server install, and opened the error file, and from what I can see from loading my computer today, this problem occurred:

# InnoDB: The first specified data file .\ibdata1 did not exist:
    # InnoDB: a new database to be created!
    # 041124 8:10:39 InnoDB: Setting file .\ibdata1 size to 10 MB
    # InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
    # InnoDB: Error: log file .\ib_logfile0 is of different size 0 10485760 bytes
    # InnoDB: than specified in the .cnf file 0 5242880 bytes!
    # 041124 8:10:39 [ERROR] Can't init databases
    # 041124 8:10:39 [ERROR] Aborting
    # 041124 8:10:39 [Note] MySql: Shutdown complete

I have read it might be something to do with having the database in a different location - except, I have noticed folders in my data folder correllating to the databases I have setup.

also, the my.ini file contains the data required: ie -

# *** INNODB Specific options ***
    # innodb_data_home_dir=E:/database/
    # Path to the database root
    # datadir=C:/MySQL/MySQL Server 4.1/Data/

Does anyone have any idea of the issue? I am a relative newbie to the DB server stuff, and it seemed very easy to setup - I am currently teaching myself how to implement a model2 website, but without my db; I cant! d'oh!

I find it very odd how its worked fine previous to today; and even more odd how the server doesnt recognise the oddities and change them.

Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Red face

Reinstalled MySQL server and all is fine now - but what was the issue in the first place?

I now understand that the error was saying that the log file was twice as big as stated in my.ini - which it wasnt, the size was the same? So was the server looking for the CNF file as opposed to the windows version; INI?