Unanswered: Event Log Filled!

My Event log on my DB2 Server is filled with this error:

An entry has been logged to the DB2 Diagnostic Log
    for instance DB2.
    Please refer to this instance's DB2 Diagnostic Log for additional information.

2004-11-24-08.41.06.156000 InstanceB2 Node:000
    PID:1760(db2syscs.exe) TID:2204 Appid:none
    data_protection sqlpgart Probe:490

User Exit returned error when archiving log file S0002009.LOG from C:\DB2\NODE0000\SQL00001\SQLOGDIR\ for database TESTDB, error code 1

I am unsure how to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by SysAdmin
    My Event log on my DB2 Server is filled with this error:

An entry has been logged to the DB2 Diagnostic Log
    for instance DB2.
    Please refer to this instance's DB2 Diagnostic Log for additional information.

2004-11-24-08.41.06.156000 InstanceB2 Node:000
    PID:1760(db2syscs.exe) TID:2204 Appid:none
    data_protection sqlpgart Probe:490

User Exit returned error when archiving log file S0002009.LOG from C:\DB2\NODE0000\SQL00001\SQLOGDIR\ for database TESTDB, error code 1

I am unsure how to fix?
    Your userexit program is failing... do you have the source for it? You can tell what the error code is from the source.

Check sqllib\adm to see of you have a complied db2uext2 program, that could be the problem... someone may have enabled USEREXIT without supplying the program to do it.
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant

Provided Answers: 1
    "User Exit" is a program or script that is called by DB2 when it needs to archive a log file. User exit is typically used to copy archived log files to a backup storage, such as tape drive or another disk. The error message indicates that user exit returned an error and probably didn't execute.

Error code 1 is a non-standard error code so you'll have to find the source code (or the author) of the user exit program that you're using (the executable file name should be "db2uext2") to determine what the error code 1 means and how to correct the problem.

More on the topic can be found here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...n/r0000235.htm

user exit

if using the sample exit supplied with db2 there is always an entry in archive
    history and retrieve history log file. this log file will indicate the kind of error when doing the requested operation.
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2/ORA/SQL Services
    DB2 DBA & Advanced DBA Certified
    DB2 Dprop Certified
    http://users.skynet.be/przytula/dbss.html

THanks, I compiles a new UserExit, and havent seen that error yet, well since yesterday afternoon.. I will monitor it today to see if it happens any more!