Unanswered: Charting multiple totals over a date range

Hi,

I have created a Line Chart to show New Applications vs. Closings for our Real Estate dept. I set it up to show the Loan Amounts for each month in a Parameter driven Date Range. So, in the Chart Expert Data tab, I want 'On change of' Application Date (printed for each month), 'Show values' Sum of Loan Amount (over date range); which works just fine, I get the data I expect. However, I want to graph the Closings on top of this. Loan Amounts for Closings are calculated the same way. How do i add this to the chart? The problem is I can only have one 'On change of'. So if i choose Application Date this date range may or may not have a Closing Date and vice versa. So the Closing Totals are off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi

Do you want to overlay the Closings on top of your chart or do you merely want to show a second graph.

I'm not clear on your issue: [quote] The problem is I can only have one 'On change of'. So if i choose Application Date this date range may or may not have a Closing Date and vice versa. So the Closing Totals are off. [quote]

If you just want to show a second graph you could add a sub-report to your report. The sub-rpt can have it's own unconnected data set or it could be related (by date periods) to the main report.

If this doesn't help maybe you could explain in more detail and I'll try to help.

Regards - Andy

I need to show two sums on the same Line Chart, New Applications vs. Closings. The issue is On Change of. If I do On change of Application Date (it must be a date) the Loan Amounts for Application Date will be fine; however, Closing Date will obviously not. And if I do On change of Closing Date the Application total will be off. The problem is, the Closing Date could also be in the same month as Application Date or maybe not. I figure I have to do a formula on this but i haven't come up with anything that will assemble the Dates (both Application and Closing) that I need for the On Change of. I figure I need a formula that does something like this:

if ({TRACKING_FILE_UBCD.F413#application_date} in DateTime (Minimum ( {?DateRange} )) to DateTime (Maximum ( {?DateRange} ))) then
    {TRACKING_FILE_UBCD.F413#application_date}
    else if ({TRACKING_FILE_UBCD.f422#closing_date} in DateTime (Minimum ( {?DateRange} )) to DateTime (Maximum ( {?DateRange} ))) then
    {TRACKING_FILE_UBCD.f422#closing_date}

But unfortunatly this will return Application Dates over Closing Dates (a Loan will have an application date AND possibly closed date), but I need BOTH! Obviously I can't return two values from one function and if i were to have two seperate formulas (one for app, one for close) then how would i combine the data returned together so it can be charted. I've also tried useing an array of Dates but you cannot return arrays from a formula. Nor do I see a way to return a reference to an array which seems to be a limitation to Crystal. It is not a true programming language. I'm thinking I may need the developer edition of Crystal Reports to solve this.

I know I'm rambling now but any ideas?

Thanks!