Unhappy Unanswered: Cannot close dataset

When I try to close any ADO Dataset after reading the last record I get an error message from ADO that roughly translates like this (my computer setup is in spanish): "The value of BOF or EOF is true, there is no actual record, an actual record is needed in order to complete the operation".
    I started using the dataset first method before closing as a workaround, but this time, I'm opening a possibly empty dataset, and there's no first record to go to, therefore, if the dataset is empty, I cannot close it. Any suggestions?. I'm using Delphi 5 with the standard ADO controls, Access 4.0 as database engine and Jet 4 as provider.

what is the MDAC version that you are using? try to update the latest version.

Arrow

hi,
    I used delphi 5 for the past 3 years using BDE and Advantage Server Software but I dont knew how to use, using ADO can u give me a sample on how to connect delphi 5 to Microsoft access so that I can experiment ur problem. 2 months ago i migrated to VB6 and Sql server 2000 all delphi application.

Thanks..