Unanswered: Pls help: MySQL installation without root permission

Hi,

is it possible to install RPM or binary files (whats the hell are the differences between them?) on a different directory (not into the standart /usr/local...) to a directory on a shared hosting without having root permission?
    So i want specially install it on my directory, where i my website is hosted by a hosting firm. Shell access is given but only user permissions, not root.
    Is it possible and what kind of file do i have to install from mysql.com?

Thx for all answers..
    (Sorry for my bad english..)

Provided Answers: 59
    Surely if your ISP is hosting your wesbsite then its "thier" problem where the sql engine is installed. Let them worry about secuirty patches, back ups etc. There's enough grief in keeping the site maintained without taking onboard the problems of mainting the environment.

Thx for replying healdem.

But i cannot see the really answer for my problem. I asked if it is possible to install and start mysql on a server, where i have no root permission and where a mysql already is installed?
    Thanks..

Provided Answers: 1
    Ohhh... so basically they have a hosted package and you don't want to pay for it.

That's not going to work. On the server it will probably restrict the mysql databases you're allowed to use to only the ones they provide. Otherwise you can contact your host and see how comfortable they are with you circumventing intended use, who knows, you might get lucky.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

They have hosted package including mysql databases and i have paid for it. But after a week they limited the query limit to 3600 query in a hour. This restriction is definitely to low.
    They wont change it and so i have to go my way.
    I'm waiting for helpful assistance.

Thanks..