Question Unanswered: subform's source object

i have a subform on my mainform. the subform is in datasheet view and i want
    to lock a certain field in that view. how do i do it? note that the subform's
    source object is a query and is in datasheet view.

You should set the subform's Default View property to Continuous Forms, rather than Datasheet view. You can then create a textbox for each field and set it's ControlSource to each field.
    This way you can set the Enabled or Locked properties of the textboxes to achieve what you want.
    You can make it look like datasheet view by putting the textboxes close together and make the Detail section the same height as your textboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by bmacr
    You should set the subform's Default View property to Continuous Forms, rather than Datasheet view. You can then create a textbox for each field and set it's ControlSource to each field.
    This way you can set the Enabled or Locked properties of the textboxes to achieve what you want.
    You can make it look like datasheet view by putting the textboxes close together and make the Detail section the same height as your textboxes.
    thanks, i'll try that now.