Unanswered: How to go about my website

hey all.

i'm a regular in the simpsons community online and ive made websites before using simple php includes and minor shit like that.

anyway, i've got a character site in process and i dont want to mess around with it being all html with just php includes everywhere.

http://blockoland.com/moleman

anyway, i want this site to be more like http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/ralph which is all php/mySQL DB stuff as far as i know.

how would i go about converting what i've got into a PHP/mySQL DB which could be similar to the Ralph one and that i could update without changing pages etc...

any help will be appreciated.

Provided Answers: 1
    You're just looking for the "blog" element? That's not to rough... There's a lot of pre-made blog stuffs you can use, otherwise it's not to hard to code. You have to get your head around how php/mysql/html works in general before you can do anything though... I'd bust through a couple tutorials. Blogs are probably the best and easiest project to learn php/MySQL.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

i'm not looking for a blog script

i have a certain character's appearance in a certain episode and a video clip or framegrab of it. how to show it all in a db is what i want

Provided Answers: 1
    Same basic concept... The way your desired page was layed out was the same logic behind a blog, except instead of random mumblings it pulls images and links to video etc.

I would still say learn how to do the blog thing, then you can fairly easily adapt such a script to pull links to images, or images from the database if that's your thing. There's a bunch of ways to do the nitty-gritty stuff, but the basic concept is kind of blog'ish.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

it's just ive had blogs before (if its the same kind of blog you mean) which is basically just a news script with whatever i feel like writing in it or linking.