Question Unanswered: [Ifx 5.10] can't connect to a created database

(on AIX 4.33-32bits)

Hi,

If I create a database (ie : "testdb") with dbaccess command with a random user, I can't connect to it with the "DATABASE testdb" informix 4gl instruction. I get the following error msg :

"-1829 Cannot open file citoxmsg.pam.
    The file citoxmsg.pam is missing from the directory $INFORMIXDIR/msg. "

The only way I can connect to a Informix 5.10 database is to create "stores" with the "dbaccessdemo5 stores" command and than doing "DATABASE stores".

What can the problem be ?

Geoffrey
    geoffrey
    - Four J's Development Tools -

I've copy the missing .pam files in $INFORMIXDIR and have the following error now :
    "-329 Database not found or no system permission.

The database you tried to open is not visible to the database server. Check the spelling of the name. Possibly the database is located in a different database server (or network system), and you have omitted to specify the server name (or site name) with the database name. If you are sure the database should exist just as you spelled it, your next step depends on the database server you are using.

If you are using INFORMIX-SE, the visible databases are directories with names in the form dbname.dbs. You must be able to read from and write to them. The database server looks first in the current working directory and then in each directory named in the DBPATH environment variable. The most common cause of this error is an incorrect setting or no setting for the DBPATH environment variable."

I'm using INFORMIX_SE and :
    - testdb.dbs exists, is readable and writable
    - DBPATH is set up

So I've no more idea on how to solve this problem.
    geoffrey
    - Four J's Development Tools -