Unanswered: total data detail

Hello everyone,

I have created a professional services report and I am trying to detrmine which hours are billable and which ones are not. There are two fields that are important.

The hours field is the amount of hours the engineer used. The Billing Option field is either Billable or Not Billable.

I would like the hours totaled for the Billable entries and also the Non Billable entries. Below are some sample data entries.

Entry Hours Billing Option
    #1 3 Billable
    #2 5 Non Billable
    #3 2 Billable
    #4 1 Non Billable

Therefore, I would like two total fields for each group. This group should have a Billable total of 5 and a Non Billable total of 6.

Thanks for anyone's help!

Jersey, UK
    You should be able to do this at source. So if your data is in SQL Server and you're using Crystal to connect to a View or Stored Procedure, separate the totals in that source.

I'm not sure what your SQL skills are like but you could UNION a separate query (summing the hours) onto your data source, or you could use the ROLLUP and GROUPING function to create sub-totals.

Another way that would work is if you translate your data source value of billable to TRUE and non-billable to FALSE. You could then let use the Crystal SUM([Field], [ConditionalField]) formula to group the hours for you (presumably in a new Formula Field). Although I've never used this formula it claims to group fields by the inclusion of a second conditional field that must be either a date or boolean type (that's where your TRUE/FALSE conversion comes in handy).

If you need a hand message me through the forum or reply to this thread and I'll try to help.

Regards - Andy

I guess, you can also use RUNNING TOTAL FIELDS in CR. You choose the field for the no. of hours as the field to summarize and "sum" as the type of summary.

For the evaluate part, choose "Use of Formula" then place lines of codes.
    Example, if you were about to get the total # of hours which are billable then,

and the same as non billable.

Hope this could help...

Thumbs up Thanks for everything!

Thanks crystal30, that worked perfect. Thanks for the assistance randycarpet, unfortunately I'm not skilled in SQL. I appreciate both of your responses. You are great!