Hello All,
I wish you could give your insights on this issue that we have.

I created 2 databases in DB2 ver 7.1 running in Z/os. The first database is using EBCDIC encoding scheme and the other one is using UNICODE.

On the database with EBCDIC encoding scheme, I ran the following sql and it completed successfully and was able to update few rows from the table.

UPDATE tableA
SET CREATED_DT = CURRENT DATE,
CREATED_BY = CASE CREATED_BY
WHEN 'SYSTEM' THEN 'SYSTEM'
ELSE 'STARRA'
END
WHERE KEY_NM IN ('TEST');

I also ran the same sql in the Unicode database however, this error was encountered:
CEE3250C The system or user abend S04E R=00C90101 was issued.
From compile unit DSNTEP2 at entry point DSNTEP2 at compile unit offset +0000070C at entry offset +00000704 at address 2BB41F3C.

I tried the sql in several more tables in both databases and all UPDATE sqls with embedded CASE statements were successfully excuted in EBCDIC database however on the UNICODE database they all failed but other DML works perfectly such as insert, select, delete and normal updates. Both database have the same table structures and data. Only difference is the encoding scheme.

Does anyone have any idea why won't work in UNICODE? I already perform checks and drop/creates but it still won't complete. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!