Shout out to Brett and Pat

Hi Guys how was your Thanksgiving, as usual I stuffed myself like a pig...But a Happy Pig eheheh

I'm glad to get back...parties every night...

Check out over here...we got a party going on everyday usually

http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.p...62#post3953262
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Sorry posted in the wrong area

Hi Pat Hi Brett did you guys have a great Thanksgiving???

Thanksgiving itself was rather "interesting", since nearly everybody was sick in one way or another, but we all managed to make it to the table (we don't miss very many meals)!

My girlfriend and I have been fighting various forms of plague for about two weeks, and we have been insanely busy. The kids each had their own personalized versions of plague complete with all of the trimmings! Her sister was vaguely miserable, but was determined to do the dinner because it was the first Thanksgiving in years that she wasn't "on the road" or arriving just minutes before we sat down to eat!

Now I'm back in the orifice, with a major custom application software release tomorrow night, followed by a major PeopleSoft release this weekend... Then I'll have two weeks before another major release, then a whole week before Christmas! Man oh man, when the fun hits, it sure does come in droves!

-PatP

Yikes

Hope you win the battle.

I got a question for you guys, what exactly is your occupation and how did you get into that field?? I mean are you guys Programming Engineers (like some of the friends I have) or are you DBA's is that your primary job???

My occupation is best described as Resident Curmudgeon, with frequent opportunities to use my ability to speak geek. Databases have always been my first love, and with a few interesting exceptions they've always been the backbone of what has kept me employed.

I job-hopped a LOT before I started with my present employer. The "average" American has something like twelve jobs in their lifetime... I had more than that before I could drive! I was being paid to analyze contracts before I was old enough to sign them. Heck, even with my present employer I've job-hopped quite a bit. I've been moving from coding to managing developers to help desk to coding to databases to managing third parties to... Well, you get the drift.

My job is always in a state of flux, but I've become quite accustomed to that... I consider things to be stable if they stay in one state long enough to be observed with the naked eye. I'm sure that my life would make some people crazy, but it suits me!

-PatP