Thread: help with forms

Unanswered: help with forms

I deleted a form but Access will not let me delete the vb code. I keep getting the message "The form name is mispelled or it refers to a form that does not exist". What do I do?

Provided Answers: 59
    someone else has suggested the /decompile option which may work in this case.

But:
    When I've done this in the past (usually through deleting the form whilst the vbcode window for that form was open, or open with changes pending [a slaphead moment that happens to often])

1) I'd to create a new blank database and import all objects (except the problem form if present) from the old database, remake any links for linked tables
    2) check the new db works, I find a few prayers to the CPU, diskdrive etc helps
    3) if so then delete the old db
    4) rename the new db to the old db name
    AND **** most importantly of all ****
    5) promise never to do the same thing ever ever again (until the next time that is).

thanks for your input.
    i've tried creating a new database and then reeimporting my tables, queries, and forms, but that didn't work.

How do I use the /decompile switch? where do i go?

Provided Answers: 59
    somewhere on this forum within the last week. try seqarching for /decompile

Quote Originally Posted by healdem
    When I've done this in the past (usually through deleting the form whilst the vbcode window for that form was open, or open with changes pending [a slaphead moment that happens to often])
    I did the same last week, so don't feel too bad.

Here's everything you'd care to know about /decompile: http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet004.asp

-Chris