Arrow Unanswered: restoring the logs

hi,
    using IDS9.4 onlinux

first i took back up, of database and logs. i did cold restore on another machine.

i could see the database some rows.

i did some transaction on primary , i took log dump

getting problem while applying logs on secondary

can any one help to solve this ,
    when i apply logs what must be the database state.and how to apply logs on secondary

when i gave ontape -l

giving error there is no dbspace to recover

Hi Maria,

When you do ontape -l, it will look for dbspaces/blobspaces which are not present in your existing list. If it finds same on the logs also, it will give the error.
    When you did the cold restore, at that time itself Informix would have asked for the logical logs restore.

Bye

Arrow mode of database server to restore logs

Quote Originally Posted by nitin_math
    Hi Maria,

When you do ontape -l, it will look for dbspaces/blobspaces which are not present in your existing list. If it finds same on the logs also, it will give the error.
    When you did the cold restore, at that time itself Informix would have asked for the logical logs restore.

Bye

i m using IDS 9.4 . i did whole system back up with onbar.

and restored on other site. dbserver came to faster recovery mode.

after i gave onbar -r -l logical logs applied and mode has been changed to quesicent mode. later if i take logs on primary and i want to apply continuously . but in quesicent mode if i give onbar -r -l it is saying three r no dbspaces to recover so , what shlud be the mode to apply logs continuously

You cannot apply logical logs by hand to a running database. It is only for recovery.
    If you want to synchronize a remote database use HA replication. It automatically applies logical logs from the source database to a remote database. Maybe this is what you want.