Unanswered: Need to monitor MySQL

Hi,

Is there any tool or script available to monitor the MySQL server. My database receives on an avg of 1 lakh queries per hr. After about 14 Hrs the server starts running slow, and then crashes after a while. The problem is unknown till now and i need some way to identify its cause.

I've heard about managing Oracle database, is there any way i can monitor my mysql server.

plz help me !

MySQL Administrator

Hey there,

Regarding monitoring mysql, u could try MySQL administrator developed by MySQL AB themselves.Its in GUI form..easy and simple access...
    U can d/l it 4 free at www.mysql.com/products

Cheers..
    alloyion

I've been interested in using MySQL admisitrator; but have been wondering if there is any security risks to running this remotely. Does this log into MySQL through a secure connection where usernames and passwords sent over the Internet are encrypted?

SQL Yog Supports HTTP / SSH Tunneling. It doesn't have specific Tuning admin features that you may wan't but you can save scripts and samples to re-run for checking your system.

/*
    ~

Bill

but is there any way i can trace all transactions, helpful in restoring back my database after a crash/corruption , also to detect at what point (query/time) it caused the malfunction.

The MySQL Agent exposes various parameters needed for intrinsic monitoring of the database.
    It exposes the log files which is quite useful in detecting some bottlenecks arise due to very slow queries etc.

You can get more info at
    http://solutions.mysql.com/software/?item=468
    download from
    http://www.download.com/AdventNet-Mi...ml?tag=lst-0-1