Unanswered: database codepage

I'm restoring a db with a codepage of 850 on a different box. My current session on the new box is using a codepage of 819, so the restore fails.
    Is there a AIX command that will allow me to change my codepage for a session?

Quote Originally Posted by redwolf
    I'm restoring a db with a codepage of 850 on a different box. My current session on the new box is using a codepage of 819, so the restore fails.
    Is there a AIX command that will allow me to change my codepage for a session?

Was you able to resolve this issue?

I'm having exactly the same problem right now...

Thanks in advance!

The codepage of the target db should be overwritten by the codepage stored in the backup image. From DB2 Database for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

When restoring a backup image with one code page into a system with a different codepage, the system code page will be overwritten by the code page of the backup image.

What is the exact error and DB2/OS level?

Yeah. Thing was that I was trying to restore this DB in a different box where this DB does not exist.

What I did was to create the DB using CODESET IBM-850 TERRITORY US and then retry the restore command, however now I ran into a different error:

SQL2048N An error occurred while accessing object "db2rhist.asc". Reason
    code: "4".

I copied db2rhist.asc to another different location from the new created DB and removed from there but still getting the same error. I will make a new offline backup and retry again to see if that helps.

I'm using DB2 v7.1.0.98 which I know is out of support but I can't migrate these DBs for now.

Any help would be appreciated!

Try to restore without creating the target db first. If it fails with the same error and it's an offline image, try restoring with "without rolling forward" option. If still the same error, try using a different backup image.

Thanks for your reply Bella,

The issue was that I was not providing the proper authorities to the lv. I gave authorities to the FS but not the lv starting with r.

After gave the proper authorities, everything worked fine.

Regards!