Unanswered: Problem upgrading from Oracle 9.1 to 9.2

Hello,

I'm literally in the middle of upgrading from Oracle 9.1 to 9.2 but I have encountered an issue. I'm hanging at exactly 60% of the upgrade everytime I try this.

As per the installation, I've checked out the logs to see what the issue is and here is what I found (sorry for the long log file but not sure what else to do):

File: oraInstall2004-12-01_11-53-45-AM.err

Ignoring Exception during de-installoracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallExcepti on: Error in stopping the service. The service OracleOraHome90Agent is not running.
    oracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallException: Error in stopping the service. The service OracleOraHome90Agent is not running.
    at ssStartServicent.deinstallAction(ssStartServicent. java:92)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase.loo pOverDeinstalls(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:1540)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase.doD einstalls(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:1008)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase$OiI nstRun.run(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:2892)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Ignoring Exception during de-installoracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallExcepti on: An error during runtime
    oracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallException: An error during runtime
    at Spawn.deinstallAction(Spawn.java:79)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase.loo pOverDeinstalls(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:1540)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase.doD einstalls(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:1008)
    at oracle.sysman.oii.oiic.OiicInstallActionsPhase$OiI nstRun.run(OiicInstallActionsPhase.java:2892)
    Ignoring Exception during de-installoracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallExcepti on: Error in stopping the service. The service OracleOraHome90PagingServer is not running.
    oracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallException: Error in stopping the service. The service OracleOraHome90PagingServer is not running.
    Ignoring Exception during de-installoracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallExcepti on: Error in setting a value of a registry key. The specified key was not found.
    oracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallException: Error in setting a value of a registry key. The specified key was not found.
    at ssRegSetValuew32.deinstallAction(ssRegSetValuew32. java:74)
    Ignoring Exception during de-installoracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallExcepti on: Error while stopping service. The service OracleOraHome90HTTPServer does not exist
    oracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallException: Error while stopping service. The service OracleOraHome90HTTPServer does not exist
    Ignoring Exception during de-installoracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallExcepti on: OLE initialize or OCX load error while registering OCX
    oracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallException: OLE initialize or OCX load error while registering OCX
    at ssRegisterOCXw32.deinstallAction(ssRegisterOCXw32. java:68)
    Ignoring Exception during de-installoracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallExcepti on: Error in stopping the service. The service xsSmartAgent is not running.
    oracle.sysman.oii.oiil.OiilDeinstallException: Error in stopping the service. The service xsSmartAgent is not running.
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
    <<no stack trace available>>

That is the entire contents of the .err file. I'm a Systems Integrator and not a DBA by any means. Any help that anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I can provide more information.

Thanks,

Cam

Cam, did you shut down all of the "Oracle..." services before starting this? It looks like the installer is trying to do it automatically, but maybe it is running into problems...
    JoeB
    save disk space, use smaller fonts