Red face Unanswered: Help with open and close procedures

The code I have below is two separate functions where the first on fires when the DB is first opened and logs the User as having the database open. This works just fine and has no problems. The second one howver does not work, when I have the where clause as part of the Openform statement. If I take the clause out it finds the form but then I cant filter the records I want in order to put in the time they logged out correctly. "I think it is the where clause that is wrong" Any Help with what I already have would be appreciated. If I can get this to work then I can explore other ways. Also can someone give me the steps to do a global Boolean and what the advantages are and where to put them and how they are used.

Code:
    Option Compare Database
    Option Explicit

DoCmd.OpenForm "UseLogger_Frm", Normal, , , acAdd, Hidden

Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Time_In = Now()
    Forms!UseLogger_Frm.DB_Logon_Name = CurrentUser
    Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Net_Login_Name = Environ("Username")
    Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Net_Machine_Name = Environ("ComputerName")
    Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Net_Domain = Environ("UserDomain")
    Forms!UseLogger_Frm.DBL_NLN_NMN_ND = Forms!UseLogger_Frm.DB_Logon_Name & _
      " -- " & Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Net_Login_Name & " -- " & _
      Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Net_Machine_Name & " -- " & Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Net_Domain

Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Dirty = False

Call jpDelay(1000)

DoCmd.Close

Call Check_User

End Function

DoCmd.OpenForm "UseLogger_Frm", acNormal, , "Forms!UseLogger_Frm.DB_Logon_Name = CurrentUser" And "Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Net_Login_Name = Environ('Username')" And _
      "Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Net_Machine_Name = Environ('ComputerName')" And _
      "Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Net_Domain = Environ('UserDomain')" And IsEmpty(Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Time_Out), acFormEdit, acHidden

Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Time_Out = Now()

Forms!UseLogger_Frm.Dirty = False

Call jpDelay(1000)

DoCmd.Close

End Function
    any suggestions on the where clause also may be of use to me. Also now the Open code above does not close the form anymore and I dont know why.

TIA
    Kevin

So far I have 19 views but no replies.
    Help???
    Last edited by Kmcarman72; 12-08-04 at 20:07. Reason: Easier to read / retitle

The Message I Get now after trying to get this f---- to work is Run-time Error '2450'

Microsoft Access can not find form 'UseLogger_Frm' Referenced in visual basic or a macro. The form is there but it doesn't see it

HELPPPPPPP
    I have been fighting with this piece of code for 3 weeks

I believe you may need to set the focus to that hidden form before setting the values of its controls.

I have tried just typing the where clause within the do.cmd openform "Uselogger_Frm", ancormal,,Heres the where clause, achidden and it still can not find the form so I dont think thats it and how woudl I do it if I want the form to open with just the record that needs to be editied and nothing else. You create a where clause to filter just that record. When the thing does work it doesn't filter the records. so I'm still screwed.

Thanks anyways
    Kevin