Thread: Php Wysiwyg

Unanswered: Php Wysiwyg

Is there any PHP orientated text editor along the lines of Dreamweaver or is there anything anyone reccomends?

Quote Originally Posted by Wealth-Builderz
    Is there any PHP orientated text editor along the lines of Dreamweaver or is there anything anyone reccomends?
    I recently DL'd PHP Designer 2005 for evaluation and have been very impressed. Has syntax highlighting, code library, snippits, templates, html/php/CSS/sql, Ftp integration. It is not a Wysiwyg editor, although it has a debug mode to test results. If you are using DreamWeaver then this would not replace it, but supliment it for working on PHP, and use DW for HTML. Check it out for yourself.

http://www.mpsoftware.dk/

~

Bill

I'm also using PHP Designer 2005. Very impressed. It has a clean design, runs ok and best of all it's free. I highly recomend it.

Most of the GUI text editors on GNU/Linux has text highlighting features; such as KWrite... Also programs such as vim (vi improved) available on console comes with text highlighting features.

DZSoft PHP Editor can be a choice on Windows, free to try for 30 days period and 39 USD to buy...

Quote Originally Posted by rotten
    Most of the GUI text editors on GNU/Linux has text highlighting features...
    I think your referring to Syntax highlighting. true most good editors have syntax highlighting and options to customise. I've tried the DZSoft PHP editor. It's good, although I've found other editors I prefer. I have the DZSoft Perl Editor which I like and still use. DZ WebPad and Favorites Search are also very usefull programs worth checking out at DZSoft.com

/
    ~

Bill

PHP Designer 2005

I've tried PHP Designer 2005, and it looks useful and handy, but I think it can't open a file from FTP location to workspace and save it directly to FTP, or maybe I could'nt find how to do that...

PHP Designer 2005 can be used without charge and looks better than DZsoft PHP Editor... I think I'll use it if I am able to find how to solve these FTP issues...

and, I was referring to "Syntax highlighting" when I am saying "text highlighting"...

The PHP Designer 2005 FTP Panel includes functions to 'upload file' and 'Edit Selected file'. However there are a number of issues with the FTP component in PHP Designer 2005 which you can be read about at the MP Software Forum. The program is frequently updated and user suggestions are frequently implemented in updates. I know this is one of the biggest issues with the program that is being worked on for a new release

I've had mixed results with the FTP feature of it sometimes working sometimes not. I do most of my testing on the local machine or it is simple to Alt+Tab to my FTP Program to upload, so this is not a show stopper for me.

/
    ~

Bill

Provided Answers: 59
    You could always try Dreamweaver (version MX that is)