Unanswered: MSA 97 to 2003 TransferText error 3027

Filename = "cmdNewDomain.bat"
    Fullname = Pathname & "\" & Filename
    DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "Cmd2Export", "cmdNewDomain", Fullname ' write BATCH file
    ' DoCmd.TransferText [transfertype][, spec.name], tablename, filename

The above code worked great in msa '97, but now as it is in msa 2003 it dies w/ an error 3027: Cannot update. Database or object is read-only.

Message is erroneous. I thought that over writting the old file was it, but renaming the old does not allow the new file to be created. Could it be the ext of bat???

A speedy and accurate response is greatly appreciated; I leave on vacation on monday. Thanks for anybody's prior solution/experience or suggestions. I'm obliged. TIA

My current findings: It has something to do with exporting on the command of TransferText NOT on importing. I recreated the Spec file in msa2003 format but still get the same error. A colleague tells me that security levels may be a factor when exporting from msa 2003.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I found the culprit, and should have went with my suspicions "Could it be the ext of bat???". From MS (http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304206), "Importing or Linking a Text File Fails for a File That Does Not Have a Valid File Name Extension"; it must be txt, tab, asc, or csv for an extention. Then rename it as you need it later.

PS-- I'm back from vacation from Thailand safely; we opted out of visiting the beach and were in Bangkok when the Tsunami hit.