Unanswered: how to link from the list box to the other form?

i have a list in one form(update BQ)which is in the list box that is in several number(eq:1......10000000).i want to know that if the user select one of the list,it will appear the next form that has the detail of the list(transaction form).if any one has any ideas,please forward to me.thank you!

please view the attachment.(password:ESS)
    Last edited by putriAnnur; 12-03-04 at 05:33.

Are you trying to make this so that when a user selects a value from the list box it opens another form with detail based on the value of the list box?

and dirty fix

If the form you are bringing up is based on a table, then the easy way is to use the docmd.openform

Here's a little db I created to show you how it's done.
    10 selections from a list box and 10 records in a database.
    Take a look at the listbox - on click event.

Hey, I don't see any attachments on here.....what's up? Is that you oasislah??? Sound very familiar.

BUD

Dirty Little Fix

Sorry, for some reason it didn't attach.

Sorry bout that ...
    Attached Files Attached Files

hello,

actually putriannur is my friend and I suggested her to join this site..She also help me to solve some of my problem regarding my system that still un-finish yet. so this case also regarding my system. but too much to be solve in the short time..I have no reference or 'sifu'/expert with an access...so anyone have an idea please help...

in this case is like PatrickFAO asking above..I also do the testing like MidnightRun attach but after the list selected the form trans2 doesn't appear any data regarding selected (blank form).

any idea please suggest...

Hi oasislah and putriannur,

I knew the problem sounded very familiar. Not sure if you got it but I attached a revised edition to that form for you. When I did it, it worked well with the ComboBox I placed on it.
    Just to say some kind words to someone who is having lots of small issues. Upon going through your database, it really isn't structured well from the ground up. When I noticed how things were linked, they didn't have any logical function that would even make them work, as noted when I replied back to you. A very good thing for both you and putriannur would be to get a very good book on either Access or just Relational Databases in general, then you can set your foundation right, THEN you might not have these little fires that keep popping up. Things are being looked at in a very random and non-logical manner. Reason: If you bring up the issue that a certain function with your form is not working and have someone try to correct it, then later find you have yet another problem not far from that one, is because it's being worked from the inside out, backwards and upside down. You have to get the Tables all structured properly FIRST. That is a must for any system to work. Work out how your data SHOULD flow, then you work out the paths to make it do that. You have so many problems and are just chasing so many small fires needlessly. You're working yourself to death, and that's not how it is to be.
    So upon some friendly advice, please go back to square one and get all your ducks in a row first. When I do have free time I always help you regardless because it helps me to understand other things better and keeps my brain cells stimulated. However, you're working in circles my dear friend. Please, go to the very beginning and start again if at all possible.

hope you both have a very nice day,
    BUD

thanks a lot Bud for ur help & advice,

actually I'm realize that my project is quet big it scope. the big problem is I'm instructed to follow exactly as an existing system which uses SDB/400 as work application. So, all the data is imported from that system. this new system used while existing system is break-down it server. I think ms access also is very familiar to me till I'm involve with this project..So your ideas and other members will make me learn more and quet fast. Thanks again. I think the database record getted is unstructured well so I think so long to get it work but still not as needed. hope ur idea help me organize well...