Lightbulb Unanswered: Calling Adaptive Server a different name to my Windows 2003 Hostname??

Can you tell me how I can call my Adaptive Server a different name to my Windows 2003 Hostname??

It fails at the point of sysconfig trying to stop and restart the NT Server service with the Adaptive Server Hostname

Any Ideas

try this

From the description of the problem it seems that there are multiple entries of the server using the Windows host name .
    Delete the files master and sybsystemproc files manually. If you have installed sybase on c: , you will find the file in "c:\sybase\data"
    Also remove the run files from "c:\sybase\ASE-125\install"

Run the config utility once again.
    You can give a name to the ASE server during the creation of the server using Server config. On the first screen type in a name different from your host name , also make sure that you give the correct network address and port number which is currently not in use
    eg 192.168.5.11,9000

Quote Originally Posted by rayan
    From the description of the problem it seems that there are multiple entries of the server using the Windows host name .
    Delete the files master and sybsystemproc files manually. If you have installed sybase on c: , you will find the file in "c:\sybase\data"
    Also remove the run files from "c:\sybase\ASE-125\install"

Run the config utility once again.
    You can give a name to the ASE server during the creation of the server using Server config. On the first screen type in a name different from your host name , also make sure that you give the correct network address and port number which is currently not in use
    eg 192.168.5.11,9000
    Thanks
    But During the creation of the server using server config creating it in adifferent name gives an error Unable to stop and start service anable to find "OS Name" it is as if it is looking for a service with the OS name not the new ASE name
    Any other ideas, Sybase gave an unsupported ans but this was to no avail to.

Thanks