Exclamation Unanswered: SQL 2000 Web to SQL 2000 Server

Hello. I am curious if anyone has ever dealt with trying to Synchronize a web sql database to an in house server sql database everytime a update, insert, or delete command has been preformed. The two databases based on any of these actions would automatically update the other database.

Now i do believe triggers could handle the function of if any update, delete, or insert commands occuring, but i am curious how i could link the two databases together. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
    Devin

You can create a linked server and perform this synchronization by referencing tables on the other side through 4-part naming convention. Or you can set up a trx replication which will take care of it for you.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

How do i go about creating a linked server?

Quote Originally Posted by DevinG
    Hello. I am curious if anyone has ever dealt with trying to Synchronize a web sql database to an in house server sql database everytime a update, insert, or delete command has been preformed. The two databases based on any of these actions would automatically update the other database.

Now i do believe triggers could handle the function of if any update, delete, or insert commands occuring, but i am curious how i could link the two databases together. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
    Devin
    Web SQL->home SQL.
    Why not using replication?Trigger is not a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by enhydraboy
    Web SQL->home SQL.
    Why not using replication?Trigger is not a good plan.
    Please explain yourself a bit more. I am quite a bit new to the linking of online and in house databases.