Unanswered: how to transfer data?

hello,

I have an existing two table which need the transfer from microsoft excell format. how to get that data either from excell to access or system access to excell?

Provided Answers: 1
    To export from Acce$$ to Excel use DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable,yourTableName,acFormatXLS, yourOutputFilename

To import from Excel to Acce$$ use
    DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel97, yourTableName, yourExcelFileNamewithPath, True

True means it has Field names in the first line

hello,

I have been follow the code given by hammbakka, thanks for that..but there something error with my table which error msg told 'variable not define'..any idea regarding that please tell me...

this is my sample of code entered:

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel97, doc_pecah, "C:\Documents and Settings\SUPERVISOR\My Documents\abdullah\Excell\whse trf det.csv", True

Does the first line contain data or the fields' names?

Hello oasislah,

Error: 'variable not define' because of doc_pecah. If it is your tablename then you need to enclose with double quote. Try below:

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel97, "doc_pecah", "C:\Documents and Settings\SUPERVISOR\My Documents\abdullah\Excell\whse trf det.csv", True

hello hammbakka,

yes doc_pecah is my table where the data is wanna to transfer to. But the given code also occur run time error (external table is not in expected format). any ideas?

one more question is how to make sure the data increase to 1 or plus one when user click on button. I have one table which contain record for increasing to one if user select that fieldname.how?

Lightbulb

First of all you have to make like Mr. McCampbell told you, put the file name between qoutes

The code I wrote it for exporting Excel files and not cvs ones. Then you have to convert this cvs to Xls one.

this is sample code I have entered on click event:

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel97, "doc_pecah", "C:\Documents and Settings\SUPERVISOR\My Documents\abdullah\Excell\whse trf det.xls", True

this also cant find the file...

hello,

actually I have 2 table 'doc_pecah' and 'prod_pecah' which the data from excell will come in. But the data is come from one file of microsoft excell. how the data from that file will insert into this separate two table.I have create the button to transfer the data to the table. then the result is all the data will be view in listbox in form 'BQ update'. then user just select from that list box to move to the trans2 from.

your help is fully appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by oasislah

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel97, "doc_pecah", "C:\Documents and Settings\SUPERVISOR\My Documents\abdullah\Excell\whse trf det.xls", True

Ya 3abdullah:
    Try to name your file something simple like "c:\myData.xls" and put it on the root directory of the C:\ drive, to check whether he finds the file or not.
    Hope it could help

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by oasislah

Ya 3abdullah:
    Try to name your file something simple like "c:\myData.xls" and put it on the root directory of the C:\ drive, to check whether he finds the file or not.
    Hope it could help

hello,

anyone know how to create autonumber on the form/ report? please suggest..