Unanswered:

Last edited by inho78; 12-09-04 at 19:57.

bump.....................

I did a search and found this thread on Experts Exchange, Q_20119838. Creates a .bat file then calls ftp.exe with a shell command. You should be able to make this work in Excel with some tweaking.

/*
    ~

Bill

the ftp shell sounds like it would work but is there anything i could write in vb...i recorded the macro previously and tried to save from the added ftp site through excel but it doesn't put the username or pw in vb ...any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by inho78
    the ftp shell sounds like it would work but is there anything i could write in vb...i recorded the macro previously and tried to save from the added ftp site through excel but it doesn't put the username or pw in vb ...any thoughts?
    The examples on EE, Experts Exchange, Q_20119838 are for Excel VB. I don't have the time, to try it and hack out the details for you, but if you go back and re-read the EE thread, then try it out you may be able to get it to work. If you want to get info on the Shell Function, just type Shell in your Excel VB Editor put the coursor on the word and hit the F1 Key

If you have some specific questions after trying to code following the examples for EE, post them, myself or someone may be able to help from there.

/
    ~

Bill