Unhappy Unanswered: query criteria pops up on form close!

I have a frmTimekeeping/fsubTimekeeping (form/subform) setup. On the main form, there is a value list box, the value from which a query uses as one of its criteria. If I open frmTimekeeping, enter a start date, end date, select an employee, click the Query command button (updates the subform), then try to close frmTimekeeping using a command button, a message box comes up asking me for the criteria to put into the qryEmployees. Do I have a lingering process that I am unaware of? If I remove the criteria for the field [status] from qryEmployees the message box does not show up.

Because I am not sure where the problem lies, I have attached the affected part of my database.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Craig
    rockjock
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey I checked it out, I am not prompted anywhere when I load or close the form. So either you didnt enclude the problem or there is a problem with the way you have access configured. Not sure if that is any help to you or not

The problem does not occur when I simply open the form and then use the command button to close it, this works fine. The problem occurs when I enter information into the controls and then click the query command button, then use the close command button to try closing the form. I have replicated the problem in the database that I uploaded.

Thanks for your time BTW. :-)

I tried again, this time outside of the date range I attempted individual names also. I did not get an error that way. But when I attempted any of the other combo box, I would get an errors stating that something is missing. So that is the best I can help you. I cannot get any other error. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot0017
    I tried again, this time outside of the date range I attempted individual names also. I did not get an error that way. But when I attempted any of the other combo box, I would get an errors stating that something is missing. So that is the best I can help you. I cannot get any other error. Good luck!
    I knew that the combo boxes (cboProjectID, cboCategoryCode, and cboActivityCode) would produce errors. This is because I only cut a portion of my database to post on this site.

I get the specific error that I wrote this post about when I do the following:

Enter 10/16/04 in Start Date
    Enter 10/16/04 in End Date
    Enter Eaton, Craig in Employee Name
    Click the Query command button
    Click the Close command button

I am using Access 2000. I don't know if this could be a version issue or not.

Thanks again for taking a peek at my problem.

Craig
    rockjock
    Last edited by rockjock; 12-06-04 at 19:22. Reason: clarification

rockjock,

Tried your steps exactly, with no errors. (version A2k3)

-Chris

Red face

Thanks for trying Chris. This is getting more frustrating by the minute. It never helps that the problem I am having is not reproducible by anyone else ;-)

Thanks anyway.

Craig
    rockjock

Yeah, sorry...sounds like a tough one to troubleshoot. It doesn't sound to me like a version problem or a missing reference or anything like that. Sorry couldn't be of more help. Good luck.