Angry Unanswered: Re: Combo box will not update

Hi everyone,

I need some help in combo boxes. I have two combo boxes on a form. The first combo box allow user to select a customer and the second combo box pops all the part numbers for that customer for the user to choose. The problem I am having when the user reselect the customer combo box the second combox box doesn't display the 2nd customer's part number, it still show the previous part number. I tried requery both combo boxes and it still doesn't work. Can anyone see why?
    Your help is appreciated.

This rowsource properties for
    customer combo box:
    SELECT [DeflashData].[customername] FROM DeflashData GROUP BY [DeflashData].[customername];

parts combo box:
    SELECT [DeflashData].[partnum] FROM DeflashData
    GROUP BY [DeflashData].[partnum], [DeflashData].[customername]
    HAVING (((DeflashData.customername)=[forms]![Deflash Data]![customername]));

are you requerying the parts combo in the "on change" event of the customer combo?

Re: combo box not updating

Hi,
    No, I don't have the requery parts combo in the "on change" event of the customer combo. I think I have it in the afterupdate event. Instead of requery I place the rowsource for parts combo in afterupdate event and it's working now. Thank you so much for your reply.
    Have a good day!