Unanswered: Case-Sensitivity

We have a package with uses UTL_FILE to load data into the database. The name of a file-to-upload is passed into the procedure. Our users will be utilizing this feature via forms, entering the file name before running the process, and they currently have no naming standards for these files. So, most of the files are mixed case. Is there a way to either have UTL_FILE disregard case when trying to recognize a filename, or do something similar on the LINUX side that I can discuss with our server admin?

I don't mind creating a standard on filenames, but I think it'd be far easier to be able to disregard case altogether since that's what our users are currently used to.

Thanks,
    Chuck

I think if you made sure the text entry box only allowed capitals, and you compared that to upper(filename) in your package, that would work.

I'm not hooked up at the moment to try it, so dont take my word.
    Last edited by ss659; 12-07-04 at 12:04.
    Oracle OCPI (Certified Practicing Idiot)

I would rather allow the user to name the file anything they'd like. If I enforce upper() in the package or the Form, then that forces them to name the file in all uppercase on the LAN.

-Chuck