Smile Unanswered: Need input on security issue

I have a database in a coporate environment with only about 20 users. The database is split. The frontend and the backend is located on a server. Each time I finish updating the front end, I tell all users to go to a certain file on the server and copy it to their computer.
    There are 3 levels of security:
    1. The file the database is located on, is protected in that only certain people can get into it (the users of this database)
    2. I set up a database password.
    3. The main menu's options consists of groups/departments. Once the user clicks on their group, it checks to see if this user is part of that group. (I implemented some code behind the switchboard and created a user table.) If the user belongs to that group/department it will allow the user to continue to see the group's menu otherwise it denies.

Is this secure enough? I should also mention that I disabled the shift key. I'm trying to avoid working with the Access' workgroup security. I'm new to the workgroup security and would hate to make a little mistake which can affect all the users.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Put it this way: If you implement security within code then you don't have to worry about security except for someone hacking the code ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...