Thread: DB_NAME anomaly

Unanswered: DB_NAME anomaly

On my SP3 db_name(0) and db_name(1) are returning the same thing. Can anybody else try this? Beta of Yukon is doing the same thing...But the following code returns 1:

select db_id(db_name(0))
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Provided Answers: 54
    I think that is expected behavior. Try running:
    Code:
    USE master
    GO
    SELECT db_id(db_name(0)), db_id(db_name(1)), db_name(0)
    USE tempdb
    GO
    USE model
    GO
    USE msdb
    GO
    USE pubs
    GO
    To see if you get:
    Code:

------ ------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
         1      1 master

(1 row(s) affected)

------ ------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
         2      1 tempdb

(1 row(s) affected)

3      1 model

(1 row(s) affected)

4      1 msdb

(1 row(s) affected)

5      1 pubs

(1 row(s) affected)
    -PatP

Got it, db_name(0) is the same as db_name(), - the current database.

The reason I asked was because sysprocesses have house-keeping-related processes with dbid=0 which are being reported to have no database context. Once I changed "where db_name(dbid) is not null" to "where dbid > 0" everything worked OK.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

The reason I asked was because sysprocesses have house-keeping-related processes........
    Sure it does..
    Now who's on crack huh???

by the way how is that sp_recompile going..
    Last edited by Ruprect; 12-08-04 at 16:27.